Thursday, February 9, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Today I'm thankful for something that I never thought I'd actually be thankful for: our van. 


This is obviously not a picture of our actual van. I only have two photos of our van and they just show the damage from hitting that stupid deer. 


While our Expedition had plenty of room, the Town and Country allows us to move from the front seat to the middle/back seats without having to do all the acrobatics that we had to do in the Expedition. Keep in mind that I loved that Expedition, but our plan was to drive it 'til it died, which we did manage to do. 


We had a few deal-breakers. We wanted a van with leather seats, a sunroof, dvd player, navigation, and power everything (including 3rd row seating). We were so blessed to find this van not too long after beginning our search. Our van meets all of our requirements and even added one that I'm sure will be important as our children get older...


Dual DVD players. This will allow both children the option to watch two different movies. I'm not sure how long it will take Chase to tire of watching Disney Princess movies, but I know that at some point he will want to watch Cars and other movies that Olivia might not want to watch. (I do wish to mention that Olivia REALLY loves Cars 2 right now, but I know that there will be times when they will fight just to drive me crazy.)

We were also able to give Olivia the one requirement that she wanted in a new vehicle: we found a "purple" one. Technically, it's probably a burgundy, but I don't have a problem referring to it as purple. :)

2 comments:

  1. So glad you didn't have to find ANOTHER vehicle! Also glad Hayden is still fairly content to play with her toys in the car :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps I should have mentioned that they are usually good with just toys or books, especially if the trip isn't that long. Basically it would have been super helpful on the trips to Wisconsin that we obviously won't be taking anymore :p

      Delete